Emily Kamala, MA, RMT, CHWC
Touch has always been a big part of my life. I can remember when my dad would trace my face as a kid. The level of relaxation and sense of safety with that memory still calms me to this day. I do this with my own kids, and they savor it in much the same way I’m sure I did as a kid.
I don’t see myself as a bodyworker, even though by definition that’s what I do. I’m your guide, your witness bearer, your reminder to breathe as you find the tight spots, whether it’s from emotional or physical holding. Together we get the opportunity to find a new balance point with which we can walk, jump, sing or scream through life.
I believe touch is something that brings people together, that brings people back to themselves. Being a bodyworker is about so much more than a Swedish or Therapeutic Massage. I’ve found it to be an opportunity for people to heal themselves, to find a piece that got lost, their inner knowing that we each have that guides us to be whole. My work is dedicated to the idea that we are meant to thrive in life, to cultivate our inner joy, and live fully.
Education and Training
- Master of Arts from Regis University, Adult Education and Training
- Certified Health and Wellness Coach, Dr. Sears Wellness Institute
- 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Certification, 90 Monkeys, Amy Ippoliti
- CranioSacral Therapy Training, CS1 thru Adv2, Pediatrics and OB Curriculum, Upledger Institute. Qualifies for Certified and Diplomat Level of Testing
- 1000 hr Certified Massage Therapist, Colorado School of Healing Arts
- Additional certifications and training in Body-Mind Psychotherapy, Thai Massage, Reflexology, MAT, and numerous other modalities that are too many to account for here…